DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is suitable for a wide variety of applications, including building facades, floors, walls, swimming pool surrounds, patios, garages, kitchen and public and private entertaining areas.
DRY-TREAT 40SK™ is non film-forming; able to consolidate loose and friable surfaces; able to work without changing the appearance of the surface - keeps the original look; suitable for indoor and outdoor use; able to greatly reduce water uptake and minimise moss growth, freeze thaw spalling and efflorescence; an excellent chloride ion salt screen - ideal for marine and pool areas; highly water vapour permeable - able to breathe so there is no build-up of subsurface moisture, allowing it to dry out; deeply penetrating - protecting against weathering and wearing; very alkali resistant - won't breakdown in contact with cement based materials, and able to seal hairline cracks up to 0.3 mm (0.012 in.) and does not flake or peel.
A 15-year performance warranty is offered when DRY-TREAT SK40™ applied by an Accredited Applicator.
Total application rate is approximately 1 litre per 0.5 to 4 sq. metres depending on absorption.
How to use
1. Test product in a small area of the surface, wait 24 hours, and ensure you are satisfied with the results.
2. Make sure the area is dry, clean and free of residues.
3. Generously saturate the surface with product using a low-pressure hand spray, a clean brush, or similar. Surface should have a mirror-like wet look for 3-5 seconds. Avoid contact with surrounding areas.
4. Repeat step 4 after 10 minutes
5. Allow 10 minutes for product to penetrate surface then polish surface with a clean white dry cloth to remove excess product.
6. After 21 days the product is aggregated with the surface and cured.
7. Clean equipment with organic solvents e.g. methylated spirits.
Note: DRY-TREAT 40SK™ will not prevent surface etching or wear and may lighten or darken some surfaces. It is recommended that for sandstone or limestone in a salt water environment e.g. a pool coping, the entire coping should be dipped sealed with DRY-TREAT 40SK™ and a 14 days cure time allowed before the stone is put into service. Please note that the underside of the treated stone will become repellent and a special adhesive such as Davco SE-7 mixed with Davelastic is recommended to fix the stone.
Please refer to the product label and Material Safety Data Sheet at www.drytreat.com for further information, precautions and safety instructions.
Pack size: Containers of 5 and litres